We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist to perform venipuncture blood collection, urine collection, urine drug screen collection, and coagulation meter operation. This individual assists with other duties as requested. Previous work experience and medical assistant training helpful but not required.
Under the general supervision of the laboratory director, manager, and bench supervisor, the phlebotomist assumes the responsibility for performing venipuncture and related procedures according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Patients seen will range in age from newborns to geriatrics. Venipuncture and skin punctures are performed competently and expediently using aseptic technique. This individual will have a thorough knowledge of test specimen requirements including fasting and dietary requirements.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Medical assistant or phlebotomy certification preferred.
3. Experience as a phlebotomist in a hospital setting preferred.
4. Excellent customer relation’s skills. Able to deal effectively and tactfully with patients and visitors of all ages, with co-workers, physicians, and physician office staff.
5. Mathematical, verbal, written skills at the high school level.
6. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
7. Basic computer knowledge required.
The hours for this position are 12:00-8:00 pm Monday-Friday. Rotating holidays mandatory.