For more information call 765.655.2652.
Respiratory Care is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week department staffed by licensed and credentialed Respiratory Therapists providing the following services at Putnam County Hospital:
- Treatment of chronic, acute and emergency respiratory illness with aerosolized medications, oxygen, percussion and postural drainage, breathing exercises, airway management and assisted ventilation when necessary.
- Arterial Blood Gas sampling and analysis to check lung function and acid-base balance.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) to detect irregular heart rhythms, heart damage or as a preoperative test for surgical clearance.
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) used to measure the mechanical functions of the lungs to assist in diagnosing and differentiating lung disease.
- Sleep Lab to test, diagnose and treat obstructive sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.