Putnam County Hospital will begin new hours for curbside COVID testing on September 1, 2020. The new hours will be Tuesday thru Friday 10:00am-6:00pm and Saturday 9:00am-2:00pm. To schedule your appointment please call the COVID hotline at (765) 301-7019. Putnam County Hospital asks that patients arrive no earlier than five minutes before their scheduled test to help with the flow of traffic. When a patient arrives they will follow the COVID-19 testing signs. These signs will direct them to the proper testing area.
What should I do if I think I need a test or begin presenting COVID related symptoms?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Putnam County Hospital will begin offering curbside COVID testing by appointment only. To schedule your appointment or for COVID related questions please call theCOVID hotline at (765) 301-7019
What else can I do right now?
It is imperative individuals take action to avoid COVID-19 to prevent its spread. A number of preventive steps include:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Wear face coverings in public when performing essential duties.
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the Indiana State Dept. of Health. The updates can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov.
Putnam County Hospital; providing exceptional healthcare close to home.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.