(Greencastle, Ind.) Putnam County officials announced today that there are currently 165 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the county.
The Putnam County Health Dept. confirmed today the OptumServe testing site will remain open until July 3, 2020. COVID-19 testing, offered free of charge, is available for high-risk Hoosiers showing symptoms of COVID-19 or in direct contact with someone who has the virus.
Visit https://www.pchosp.org/testing-site-opens-may-13/ to learn who should be tested. Registration is required at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or (888) 634-1116. Testing is available Monday through Friday.
As a reminder Putnam Prompt Care will be operating within their normal business hours July 3rd, and through the holiday weekend. As a reminder, Prompt Care hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm, and Sunday 12pm to 5pm. Putnam Prompt Care continues to provide exceptional healthcare close to home through the holiday weekend.
Updates from Putnam County Hospital of Visitor Restrictions:
- In Governor Holcomb’s press conference on Wednesday, he announced the #MaskUpHoosiers initiative is launching with videos and photos of state government leaders, celebrities, and Hoosiers from all walks of life sharing their heartfelt reasons for wearing a mask in public, which is one of the strongest steps possible to limit the spread of COVID-19, saving lives and allowing the state to continue its phased re-opening. Hoosiers interested in participating in the public awareness campaign can download a poster from the website www.coronavirus.in.gov/maskuphoosiers, write in their motivation for wearing a mask and then post a photo or video to social media with the hashtag #MaskUpHoosiers. Neighborhoods, workplaces and organizations are encouraged to get involved.
- You may hear from the State’s contractor for contact tracing if you have come into contact with an individual who tests positive at the OptumServe test site. Expanded contact tracing is critical to stopping the spread of the virus into the community. Please be alert for emails or text messages that come from a different area code. Don’t ignore these messages!
- Bring a mask from home when out in public and wear it. Practice social distancing, too. Contact Putnam County’s Masked Mommas if you need a mask. Our dedicated community volunteers have made and distributed thousands of masks. Visit https://www.facebook.com/Putnam-County-Mask-Mommas-Sew-Serve100134314992282/ for a mask.
COVID-19 Suspected or Confirmed Patients:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear face coverings in public when performing essential duties.
- We are all in this together.
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the Indiana State Dept. of Health. The updates can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.