(Greencastle, Ind.) Putnam County officials announced today that there are currently 277confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the county. Of the 43 new cases 4 of those were Putnam County Community members. For a further breakdown of cases please visit www.coronavirus.in.gov. The positive case number also may include positive cases at the state correctional facility located in Putnam County. To learn more, visit https://www.in.gov/idoc/3780.htm. This information also may be accessed via the Putnam County Hospital or Putnam County Health Department’s websites.
Putnam County Hospital will begin offering curbside COVID testing by appointment only to schedule your appointment please call the COVID hotline at (765) 301-7019.
What should I do if I think I need a test or begin presenting COVID related symptoms?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Putnam County Hospital will begin offering curbside COVID testing by appointment only. To schedule your appointment or for COVID related questions please call the COVID hotline at (765) 301-7019
What should I do if I have questions about protocols for county schools?
All of the county school systems have plans approved through the Putnam County Board of Health If you have questions regarding protocols related to COVID please visit your community school corporation websites. . Any specific questions should be directed to your specific school system.
What else can I do right now?
It is imperative individuals take action to avoid COVID-19 to prevent its spread. A number of preventive steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear face coverings in public when performing essential duties.
- We are all in this together.
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the Indiana State Dept. of Health. The updates can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.