(Greencastle, Ind.) Putnam County officials announced today that there are currently 56 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the county.
Additional updates include:
- Virtual religious services are available in Putnam County.
A number of Putnam County religious organizations are offering virtual religious services. Here’s a link for more information: https://www.pchosp.org/virtual-religious-services/
- Wear a mask in public when performing essential duties.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores and pharmacies. Remember to always socially distance when performing these functions. Here’s more from the CDC: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/preventgetting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
- Contact Putnam County’s Masked Mommas if you need a mask.
Our dedicated community volunteers have made and distributed thousands of masks. Visit
https://www.facebook.com/Putnam-County-Mask-Mommas-Sew-Serve100134314992282/ to connect with them.
- Putnam Co. press releases and updates will move to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Effective today, Putnam Co. COVID-19 press releases and updates will move to three times a week. As circumstances change, community notifications may be adjusted.
It is imperative individuals take action to avoid COVID-19 to prevent its spread. A number of preventive steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear face coverings in public when performing essential duties.
- We are all in this together.
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the Indiana State Dept. of Health. The updates can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov. Accordingto the ISDH, thenumber of tests is provisionaland reflects only those reported to ISDH. Numbers should not be characterized as a comprehensive total.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.