The purpose and objectives of the Hospital shall be:
- To establish and maintain a hospital in the county of Putnam and State of Indiana formed for “the treatment of sick, wounded and injured persons, and for the care of the infirm….” Also, to establish facilities which include inpatient beds and medical services, to provide diagnosis and treatment for patients as well as associated services, such as, but not limited to, outpatient care, long term care and home care. To deliver services to patients and customers in a high quality, efficient, appropriate and caring manner.
- To carry on any educational activities related to rendering care of the sick and injured, or to the promotion of health that is in the opinion of the Board of Trustees justified by the facilities, personnel, funds and other requirements, which are, or can be, made available.
- To participate, so far as circumstances may warrant, in any activity designed and carried on to promote the general health of the county.
The Continuous Quality Improvement program of Putnam County Hospital is on an organizational-wide quest to continuously improve the quality of services offered, expand professional knowledge, and exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Improving the health care status of individuals in the Hospital’s service area.
- Respectful, courteous, professional inter-actions with all customers.
- Offering the highest quality services possible with efficient use of available resources.
- Pride, ownership, and enthusiasm in all endeavors.