Registration (PT w/Ben)
March 10, 2017
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing mature person who is responsible for greeting incoming patients with a smile, distributing paperwork to the necessary departments, entering pertinent information in the patients account; including insurance and demographic, and being a team player who works well with co-workers as well as other departments. You must be flexible to fill in extra shifts when necessary.
• Handle inquiries and patients coming in for services
• Ensure all papers are properly filled out and input into system.
• Enter and verify that all patient demographics and billing information correctly entered/verified at time of check in.
• Process encounters daily for and balance to co-payments.
• Collect balances due at time of check in.
• Direct patients to relevant areas of building.
• Answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate departments successfully
• Obtain signed statements.
• Store patients’ valuables.
• Record payments.
• Keep admission desk clean and organized.
• Perform insurance data entry.
• Follow all Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures
• Perform admissions and transfers in a very timely manner
We are currently hiring for a PT (Benefits Eligible) shift working Sunday 12pm – 7pm, Monday 8am-6pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am – 2pm.
Customer-Service Skills: A successful admitting clerk will be friendly, organized and knowledgeable about the health care procedure.
High School diploma
Computer Skills: Admitting clerks will need to process insurance information and medical records, use the phone system, and learn industry specific software.
Communication Skills: Listening to customers and hospital staff, speaking in a clear and friendly way over the phone and face-to-face are essential skills.
Organization: Admitting clerks need to stay organized as each client or customer that is admitted creates a paper trail that needs to be in order.